new radiator fitting... is this quote about right

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i've got a radiator that i need fitting.

i'm supplying the rad and the valves, being added to existing combi system cutting into pipework with about 1m of additional pipework required to go around corner. all surface mounted.

i've been quoted £240.00 + VAT including parts. this includes draining, fitting/ hanging, connecting, refil.

does it sound about right?

ta

Sponsored Links
If you dont like the sound of it, get a couple of other quotes.
I dont think you'll get it much under £200 though

You have not given the important information !!!

Is this upstairs or similar where not a drop of water can be spilt???

Or is it ground floor where spilling some water under a suspended floor is not problem?

Do you have champagne colour fitted carpets fitted last week?

We would charge about £190 in our local area if it was ground floor and no carpets.

Tony

Sponsored Links
Hmmm, it is easy to be "a little bit cheaper" for jobs you don't actually DO! (Even to refix a rad, over a laminate floor...!)

I have to quote (neighbour's flat :rolleyes: ) for changing a couple of radiators - which I also don't realy want to do.
Partial drain, sludgy old 2 metre rads to come out and be humped up and downstairs, pipes won't quite fit, carpets.
I suppose there was a time when it might have taken me 2 hours but these days its more like 4 or 5, or 6, - which is about a day then.
Then you have to be licensed to carry the old rads away and pay the "refuse disposal facility" to take them off you.

£350?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back