No hot water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Please help. I am having a disaster. My shower died on thursday and now my water is not heating up. I have an old 'council' central heating system with gas back boiler. homewarmer elegant. The boiler is firing up ok the pipes and wall leading to hot water tank are hot but the water that comes out isn't. Any suggestions that I could try or do I really need an engineer? This has priority as I am too skint at moment to replace shower.

Sponsored Links
Why not try checking the pump if there is one?

If not then its either empty or sludged up.

Tony

Don't mean to be stupid but where will I find the pump and how do I check for these? Once pointed in right direction I will be fine.

Sponsored Links
This has now been fixed. Air block. The air release valve wasn't releasing so just needed opening to let out air. engineer was worried at first cos I have an aerjecII, he had seen one once and didn't know anything about it. He has shown me what to do in future.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back