Turning off the boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Our boiler has become very loud with the electric fusebox clicking loudly and the boiler trying to ignite. The controller says that the heating and water if off but the boiler is on the radiators are boiling so I am guessing that there is a problem with the timer/programmer and/or thermostat. There doesn't seem to be any way of turning it off.

I can't get anyone out until tomorrow to look at it and can't face another sleepless night (Its that loud). If I turn off the electric switch in the airing cupboard next to the boiler will this be ok? Do I need to do anything else like turn off the gas or will this be safe just to turn the electric switch off?
Should the pilot light remain on if I turn the switch off?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
just turn off what ever you need to to stop the noise....you wont do any harm.

turn the pilot off if you wish.....wont make any difference but you could save a tiny amount of gas if you do

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back