Bleeding radiators

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hiya all,

I have a weird problem with my radiators.

They are producing a lot of Hydrogen (but not surprised at this as we are removing radiators, cleaning and replacing due to decorating the house), but when i bleed a radiator (usually the first one I bleed) the radiator drains fully of water, then refills (after a lot of gurgling), rather than just filling up as I would expect.

Anyone have any ideas as to why this should happen? it has never happened on any other system i have dealt with.

Thanks

Taff

System is a back boiler on a gas fire, connected via a pump to the radiator system. It's not a nice system having been put in back in the 60/70's after the house was built and has at least 3 legs rather than a full circuit.
The header tank is correctly fitted (I think, i replaced it a month back and just checked it today) with the water level about 10 cm high.

Sponsored Links
Thanks, will live with it for a while, have 2 rads to put back on and then will give the whole system a good clean out.

Thanks again

Taff

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back