Loose sink mixer tap

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if anyone can help. The tap in one of my bathrooms is very loose (rocking around when touched), but not leaking. I have had a look underneath and there is an inch long bolt, but this seem tight. There is however stick white residue.

Had a look at a similar tap in other bathroom and the fixtures appear to be the same.

Can anyone suggest what I could do apart from calling out a plumber.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Thanks for this. However, is this a simple job considering I have never done anything like this before?

Difficult to answer that really.

Any job cn be simple or difficult depending upon your skill level plus available tools.

Alan

Sponsored Links
a tap spanner will make it much easier! I can tighten taps up with it and I'm not very strong! you could also use top hat washers underneath but this would involve removing connections. check if you can isolate the water supply. there may be an isolating valve on the pipework. to stop the flow you must ensure that the notch that your screwdriver fits into is running the width of the pipe and vice versa

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back