Tanking a toilet!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:rolleyes:

I am installing a new toilet, and I think it has a very small hairline crack somewhere underneath the pan. I cannot see it, but there is a persistant slow leakage.

Now I know you guys are the experts on tanking- which is why I am asking here-and as I have some BAL sealant from tanking the shower, my question is.......... can I use this to seal this leak- as I cannot return the toilet.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
For what a new toilet costs, I'd recommend replacing it. I've seen small cracks in toilets grow bigger. You may temporarily stop the leak, but you might have the crack worsen and start leaking again.

It could also be dangerous - sitting there with a massive hangover doing what needs doing and splash , the whole toilet collapses. You could be injured and it will be very messy :eek:

get it replaced .........;)

as said if it does crack more it will flood an keep flooding the bathroom an kitchen below

Sponsored Links
makitaman said:
It could also be dangerous - sitting there with a massive hangover doing what needs doing and splash , the whole toilet collapses. You could be injured and it will be very messy :eek:

you'd end up with more than a red face when the paramedics arrive !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back