Gloss then emulsion or the other way round?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

This is a back to basics type question. Too basic to get any useful search results when i tried.

In what order do you paint a room?

Gloss then emulsion or the other way round?

I tried doing gloss then emulsion once and where i had accidentally gone onto the wall whilst painting the skirting the emulsion did not stick very well when i came round to do that and left the skirting/ wall interface not looking so good. From then on i have always done the gloss last and just been careful.

Whilst speaking to my mum she thought my Dad had always done it this way so that the gloss never dripped on the emulsion and if the emulsion was to drip onto the gloss you could easily wipe it off.

I have several rooms to do so would be interested to know if i have been doing it back to front previously.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Gloss last. thats usually the fidley bit, emulsion using big brush or roller, not to worried about splashing then.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back