Hotpoint WMA 30 drain problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My hotpoint wma30 sometimes will not drain, I've had the pump off and cleaned it, but the problem still persists. A temporary solution I've found is that if I fiddle with the drain hose, remove it from it's clips and lower it and then reclip it the machine will then carry on and complete the cycle as normal. The hose does not go any higher than the top of the machine, it just doesn't seem to have enough power to start the initial drain process. Any idea's anyone?

Sponsored Links
It is most likely the pump at fault. If the pump housing and coin trap are all clear of debris, then you have an intermittent pump. I've encountered several over the years, so just change it.

there could be another explanation on hotpoints at the bottom of the drum there is another filter unplug from mains and remove the back panel the main black pipe that is attatched to the bottom of the drum by a jubilee clip unscrew this and inside there is a plastic ball and a filter often this filter gets blocked up and reduces flow to pump hotpoint would charge you call out for this £80+ any help you need or step by step instructions please email me i will be more than happy to help

The op can not email you as your email address is not in your profile (please also note forum rule 7)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back