Painting Bathroom Tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello,

Can anyone tell me what the best paint is to use when painting over bathroom tiles please?? Do I need a primer???

Thanks

Steve :D

Sponsored Links
Don`t do it!!!!!!!!

take them off and put new ones up! we had a rented cottage, bathroom was cold and horrible with terrible tiles, they wouldn`t replace them so we got permission to paint them, we used proper tile paint, good stuff, cleaned the tiles with loads of suger soap/ don`t think we primed them, didn`t say we had to on the tin, in fact says no primer required, anyway left them to dry, and within 6 months where the shower fit the wall the paint was bubbling, as soon as a little hole appears you get this big bubble filled with water between the tile and the paint skin.

paint and you will need to redo the whole lot every year at least! and it only looks good for 3 months.

well thats what we found

I've used International Tile Paint. You use International Tile Paint Primer and then follow with the Tile Paint colour of your choice.
As mentioned, it's not ideal - we painted our bathroom tiles when we just moved into our house and were skint. It didn't look too bad and we had it like that for about 3 years - you might need to touch up the odd bit that flakes off, but if you put it on right it looks ok.
I'd only recommend it as a temporary thing though.

Sponsored Links
go over it with Focus DIY`s basics white tiles and 2mm. spacers...........cheap as chips and look good too

Done it in the bathroom,the paint eventually started to bubble in places.Dont do it.!!

I told my daughter not to do it. She now wishes she had taken my advice

Only today I received an email from a friend who had painted over his tiles.
He is so unhappy, now removing them, probably some of the plaster too :(
and having it redone with new tiles.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back