New Programmable Thermostat needed

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I'm not to sure how my Potterton Kingfisher CH & HW system works so I have posted pics instead.

I want to replace the Potterton mini minder/Sangamo dial/roomstat with a single 7 day program/timer unit, is this possible? Can anyone recommend a system which will be a straight swap (or easiest)?

I have seen the Honeywell Smartfit but this does not seem to be too smart. Will the Honeywell CM927 or CMT927 or the Heatmiser PRT/HW work with my setup?

Many thanks

Freshy

01022007038.jpg

01022007039.jpg

01022007040.jpg

01022007037.jpg

01022007035.jpg

04022007003.jpg

01022007031.jpg

01022007032.jpg

04022007008.jpg

04022007014.jpg

04022007011.jpg

Sponsored Links
You can use anything, but if you can't have CH without HW now, your plumbing, not the timer, is stopping that.

Can't see what the sangamo is connected to.

bet its connected to the secondary circulation pump chris?

get an analogue timer should be able to set it for gravity and it should just slip on that back plate

Having the HW on with the CH isn't a problem, guess i'm just used it now.

There are 2 Sangamo timers...

One in the airing cupboard connected to a SMC commodore mini (Not entirely sure what this is for)

04022007018.jpg

Another in the Boiler room (This needs to be in sync with the mini minder, which is really annoying when chaning the on/off times) This simply goes into a pipe... no idea where it's connected to.

04022007016.jpg

cheers

Freshy

Sponsored Links
why dont you just get a honeywell st6400 clock plus a new stat? a straight swop you see.

the problem with the cm927 is that they are really only used on combis. im not sure if you could succesfully install one with a seperate water and heating system as i would have thought both water and heating would come on at the same time, which is no good in the summer if u want water only. could be wrong though....

Will the Honeywell ST6400 replace both the Potterton mini minder & Sangamo Timer?

What I really want is a single interface to control the CH & HW.

Next question, can anyone tell me how much it will cost or come out and give me a quote or even recommend a reputable plumber to do this job? (Slough area)

I need to get the Potterton Kingfisher serviced too!

Cheers

its a job to say without seeing how the sangamos are wired. you will get a diagram with the timer explaing how to wire it up.

the st6400 will do the heating a hw seperatly although if its a gravity the water will come on with the heating no mater what timer u have

There are only 2 items in the boiler room which I believe the Sangamo can be connected to, the Honeywell Valve or the Grundfos Super Selectric Pump.

It seems that these two are controlled independently, one with the Potterton Mini Minder and the other with Sanagmo?

If both these need to one at the same time for HW & CH to work what is the point of separate controls??? I really don't understand how/why this whole system is setup!

If someone can put a explain is simple terms i'm all ears...

05022007035.jpg

05022007040.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back