Bosch Dishwasher Not cleaning

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:cry:
I have tried everything recommended by the manual but can't get the dishwasher to rinse properly, mainly on the top shelf. After a full cycle there is general residue on the inside of the machine and most cups and glasses need to be rewashed. Filters are all ok and the drain pipe connection at the back has been cleaned out but to no avail. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Holes in the arms blocked with mashed potato and stuff.

Nop cleaned both the arms and checked the pipe feed to the upper arm located at the back of the dishwasher. Basically it's not rinsing properly and its the upper tray that suffers the most.

adm001 said:
:cry:
After a full cycle there is general residue on the inside of the machine and most cups and glasses need to be rewashed.

If it's a gritty feeling residue then you've definitely got food stuff in the system.
Not the best machines to work on. To clean it out properly would involve a complete strip down.
Try removing both spray arms and running the machine through a rinse. Refit the spray arms (after making sure they are spotlessly clean) then run it with one of the dishwasher cleaners, you never know your luck, it may just get rid of the build of gunge.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that. Tried with out arms and with a cleaner (and it helped for an easy load) but it still can't cope with dried on food and get into dirtier cups etc (many top shelf but stacked plates on the bottom as well). It seems as if the wash cycle is not powerful enough. The residue on the door and in the machine is as a result of the washing cycle is not working properly.
Basically it used to cope with pretty much anything on the coolest cycle now on a 65 deg cycle it won't clean everything and hardens on the uncleaned food.
??

that soundsas if it could be the answer. How do I unblock?
Thanks.

The pipe is easily removed and flushed out.
If the water matrix is blocked then it's more than likely a replacement is required.

Is this the water feed pipe at the back of the machine? Or do you have to take the inside of the machine apart? Would there be a diagram on the Bosch website?
Thanks for your help.

No diagrams.
Take the lid off, left hand panel off and the panel under the door.
You'll be able to see the hose and the fill matrix.

That did it!
Thank you very much.
You saved a dishwasher from the scrap heap.

Spoke too soon! Did a load perfectly yesterday but today it seemed to be going on too long. I opened it to find it doing it's steam cycle. So left it a bit longer. When I opened it about half and hour later it had drained almost completely from the base of the filter and the pump was still making a draining sound. Light on the doors showed it was finshed. Machine was still running with the door open! Turning the machine off and on again and putting it on new cycle makes no difference the pump still seems to be draining. So at the moment I have just had to turn it off. Thinking back to how I cleaned it I can't think that I disconnected any think or put things back incorrectly.
Help.....

It's leaked into the base. Check and you'll find water there which is activating the anti flood device.
Drain the water out of the base and run with machine with the panels off and check for leaks, especially during the heating cycles.

that work. Hopefully I'm not tempting fate by thanking you again but it has to be said. Thank You.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back