floor meets walls

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi – have finished tilling my bathroom all over using homelux edging round the bath and window – looks great. However – didn’t think/pay attention to the walls meeting the floor, it doesn’t look so good when you compare it to the bath/window seal etc… is there a post-tiling seal that can mask this join over? looked on the homelux site and it doesn't look to me like any of its appropriate...

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I think looks ok

shower.jpg

Not so good

floor.jpg
[/img]

Sponsored Links
gcol said:
Looks ok to me, but if you're that bothered, why don't you run a bead of silicone around the edge?
Yeah I did thought of that but after washing or wiping the floor, some part of the sealant might split away or mould problem.

I doubt that will be a problem masona - if our bath sealant is tough enough to stand the battering it gets each week with mrs gcol giving it a damn good scrubbing then I'm sure it'll be ok round the edge of the floor.

If there is no movement between the floor and walls you could try using stelmax..its like a sealant but goes rock hard..used on double glazing joints

Good point Zampa. I've used white grab adhesive instead of silicone around a kitchen sink before now (was in a student rented house - very rough) but strangely enough, it looks very good. As you say, it goes hard too.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back