white skirting boards?

mo2

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
At the moment in my house, all the skirting boards are painted in Dulux white gloss paint, with and undercoat. They seem to go yellow very fast. Is there any paint combination that looks as good, but doesn't yellow so fast.

Sponsored Links
Use water based gloss or eggshell/satin finish..it doesnt go yellow

Sponsored Links
Ive had a similar experience.

The most noticeable effect is the architrave compared to the doors. The architrave was painted by myself while the doors came prefinished in a satin white.

I want the paint they used on the doors - it still looks white not off white :confused:

mo2 said:
JohnD said:
Do you smoke?

nope, nobody in the house does

and Zampa, does water based gloss look similar to the dulux gloss I have?

I dont know, I havn't seen your gloss :rolleyes:

In general water based gloss isnt quite as shiney as traditional oil based...but its good.

Dulux aqua tec is about the shiniest..but, it doesnt cover very well, so youl have to give it two coats after the undercoat normally

Zampa said:
mo2 said:
JohnD said:
Do you smoke?

nope, nobody in the house does

and Zampa, does water based gloss look similar to the dulux gloss I have?

I dont know, I havn't seen your gloss :rolleyes:

In general water based gloss isnt quite as shiney as traditional oil based...but its good.

Dulux aqua tec is about the shiniest..but, it doesnt cover very well, so youl have to give it two coats after the undercoat normally

i think i'll try Dulux Aqua Tec when I am next painting. I assume I will have to sand then down and apply water-based undercoat etc.

hysterical.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back