Bal Adhesive grout coverage help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, please could you advise on the following, what would be the rough guide needed to order please.

Tiles are 305X305 10MM for the walls and floors.

Looking for the Meters per Kg, Single part flexible for the walls, Rapidset for the floors, going over Warmup,

Microcolour for wall

Microcolour wide joint for the floors..

I was thinking around 4m per 20KG for the Adhesive, will it have to be thicker and more for the warmup? not sure about the grout?

Darren

Sponsored Links
Thank you, I have a quick look but some say that they are being far too generous, I know the pros like you(gcol) use it, and would be more spot on. and the warmup.

Darren

Hmmm I've never really bothered checking to see what their figures are like. I see what you mean - they are a bit on the optimistic side.
You're not far off with the adhesive (maybe take off a bit to allow for the heating gizmo) maybe 3.5 sq metres per 20kg bag. I'm not too sure about the grout (depends on the joint you use) but I would suggest you double their figures anyway.

Sponsored Links
For what its worth, I started tiling my bathroom this week with BAL single part flex and there is no way in the world I'm going to get the coverage they are suggesting... They appear to be very optimistic :(

Same with my Bath room, It was suggested I would only use one large tub of Bal Grip, ended up using two large tubs and one small.

Bal Grip in topps tiles for a big bucket is £24.99 and small bucket £10.99 so it can end up being expensive ! :eek: ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back