Flattening an Artexed ceiling?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've recently decided to flatten my artex ceilings.(Stipple pattern)

Im in the trade of a dryliner so was hoping to use joint filler and joint cement to make flat and to save me money!

Any ideas what i should prepare the artex surface with so the filler sticks and wont ever come crashing down while im watching tv?!

I was thinking of pva or unibond?

Really dont want to plaster it due to cost and time.

Any help much appreciated

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
i heard if you coat artex with wallpaper paste then stick plastic sheeting to it it works wonders,seal it with tape then strip..........

Are you going to reboard the ceiling and then tape and join, or are you thinking of applying joint filler etc directly to the artex surface.

makitaman said:
Are you going to reboard the ceiling and then tape and join, or are you thinking of applying joint filler etc directly to the artex surface.

Dont really want to re-board the ceiling but its certainly an option.

Would be so much easier to coat over and make flat with filler,then top coat with easy sand.Not sure if the artex is coated in whitewash.

Ive been told PVA would be best but just wanted to get some expert advice on here ;)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back