Painting with red paint

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We decided to paint 2 walls of one of a rooms with a red paint called cherry wine. Its been a nightmare so far. I've used a paint pad and after 4 coats I still have dark shadows where overlaps exist. I imagine if I keep on coating I will eventually get a consistent coverage.

Anyone have any tips on how I should proceed? Should I put the next coat on with a brush or roller?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Paint pads are crap. Also, the colour you picked is always a nightmare to cover. Sometimes these colours can NEVER be made to look uniformed.

Thanks for the reply. I'm stuck with the colour now. I'll try using a brush for the next coat.

marath0nman said:
Thanks for the reply. I'm stuck with the colour now. I'll try using a brush for the next coat.

Roller it.....work swiftly.....don't thin your paint.

Sponsored Links
Its always better to give the walls a coat of matt emulsion first..it coveres better than silk and could save you time.

And yes...paint pads are a waste of time use a medium pile roller...and if you are going to brush it, lay it off in a criss cross arc manner not upwards downwards or horizontally

Zampa said:
Its always better to give the walls a coat of matt emulsion first..it coveres better than silk and could save you time.

And yes...paint pads are a waste of time use a medium pile roller...and if you are going to brush it, lay it off in a criss cross arc manner not upwards downwards or horizontally

Jeez Zampa ...you're good.

How did you know it was silk :?:

Growler said:
Zampa said:

Jeez Zampa ...you're good.

How did you know it was silk :?:

:cool:

Thanks for all the tips. Paint pads are banned and in the bin.

I applied a coat with a large brush and finished with a roller . Have got a good consistent finish - but it took 6 coats altogether.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back