Straight lines.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Advice or help please.
My wife has ordered me tp paint the spare room. With 2 opposite walls white, the other 2 opposite walls red!!! I know pros can do this with their eyes shut but how do I get staright lines in the corners? I can never get the corners straight, is it experience and skill or is there an easy way round this?
I have tried masking tape, blank off etc. but no straight line.
Any comments gratefully accepted.
Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Well if my wife "ordered" me to paint a room like that I'd bi*ch slap her about the head and paint the f**ker matt magnolia. ;)

Nothing wrong with a bit of sub dom action leave him alone Gcol! :evil:

And as for the cutting in,...it really is a matter of practice and taking you time.

Use a decent 3 inch brush...somthing not too saggy... oo er mrs! :rolleyes:

Paint the lighter walls first and cut in the darker colour to them.

Dont dip the brush in and go straight for the line...work your way towards itthis is harder to expalin than actually do...but work towards the corner using a very slight arcing action.. ) <-------like that...that will help to make sure you dont have to much paint on the brush at the point where it meets the adjacent wall

Oh and try to be aware of not holding your breath...im not kidding when your concerntrating on the cutting in its easy to do....and when you do, your hands will start to shake after a while.

Sponsored Links
You can buy a "cutting to line" paint pad at DIY stores.
It is a paint pad in a frame which has two wheels. The pad goes on the wall to be painted and the wheels on the opposite wall. You then pull the pad down the wall producing a perfect cut to line.
can also be used cutting to ceilings. Cost me 90p

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back