Grouting finish problem?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi
I finished grouting my new bathroom floor just 24 hours ago.
I`ve used a light grey waterproof grout and as the tiles are on plywood also used a flexible additive.
My problem is,should the grout now be fully dry as there seems to be areas where the grouting is very light in colour,some dark areas and some that look about right.
What was a superb tiling job now really does not look so good.
I don`t really want to rake it all out and do it again. :confused:
Any ideas?

Malcolm

Sponsored Links
First off I would check for leaks around the bathroim suite. If no leaks are found, look harder. If there's still no leaks found, wait another day and see if it dries out fully. Usual thing is, that if you have dark grout, you have a leak.

There are no leaks as the water is switched off to the bathroom.The toilet is not yet in .I`ll wait another day.
Thanks.

I have just had the same experience ,just give it time it will dry out all the same .
I think different thickness/depth of the grout is the cause.

Sponsored Links
Was it a premixed grout or out of a bag with an additive? I've used the powder with admix before and if you don't get equal mixes each time the admix affects the finished colour. I found it better to mix the grout all in one go to get an even finish, but then you've gotta work quickly.

it is drying I think ...

tub mix is awful

powdered mix should NEVER come out wrong if mixed right an with clean water each mix... :)

Hi

Did your floor dry even in the end? We have the same problem with our Kitchen floor it is 20hrs now and it does look patchy.

V

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back