NEED HELP QUICK PLS !

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Need to revamp my kitchen..its awful.

How can I give the cuboards a new look ? Paint? Spray ?

Also what colours are avalible ?

Thanks ever so - in advance ! :D

Sponsored Links
personally i'd avoid the whole painting door thing, just throw the old ones out and buy some new doors and handles but keep the old carcasses

Funds are tight !!!!! Its my 1st pad & Im mortgaged to the max !!!!

Does it really look that bad ?

i think the painted ones never look great but if you're on a v tight budget it might be the only way, prep them well though and use good quality paints. Plenty of colours available but i always like white/cream.

have you tried ikea for doors they're pretty reasonable for the basic designs

Sponsored Links
Hi

I painted some cupboard doors when I moved in 5 years ago. It was a spray paint that did give a good finish and was easy to apply. Best to take doors off and do outside though. However, because the doors themselves were so ugly no amount of paint could make them better. I then decided to get new doors. Unfortunately, the kitchen units were so old they did not confirm to current sizes, particularly IKEA whose sizing needs to be checked thoroughly. I ended up leaving it and doing the whole kitchen a year later. So, I would advise, shutting your eyes every time you go into a cupboard until you can save up the money for new doors, but deffo check the size first. Unless of course your doors are quite plain and you can get away with painting them. If you use the spray paint be careful of it running and ruining the effect. It will need more than one coat.

Thank you guys...

IKEA thats a great idea - Im going there on sat anyway - thanks allot x

You wouldn't need the spray paint either as it would not have been painted previously! However, size is important...... :D

Yeah, knowing my luck they would all be wrong when they get here !

I would go to B & Q they have doors etc for about 5.00 if you are on a budget like me, thats where I bought mine and it looks brilliant and if you splash out on some nice, good, handles that will make the kitchen look expensive or a nice worktop.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back