Nooooo...the wife painted on my new plastered walls...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Got up from bed this morning and found the wife has emulsioned on new plastered walls...it could have been a good thing to get her painting if it worked.....but......sadly it didnt...

Shes left huge air bubbles under the emulsion using the roller...i rubbed one earlier and a huge piece rubed off...ive tried painting over the rubbed off areas for now to re roll when it dries...not holding out much hope tho...looks like i'll have to scrape the wall and re paint...there must be a way anyone ?

1 peed off guy

Sponsored Links
lmao took me ages to get that dohhh.....was thinking fek ive got to hack the plaster off :oops: :oops: :oops:

Air bubbles ! What is the EXACT type and Brand emulsion used. Also, what is the EXACT instructions on the paint tin/tub ?

Sponsored Links
m8 its dulux once....meaning one coat.....bulletproof ...foolproof..have used it a million times myself...but let a woman loose...anyway saved the day last night with repeated coats of paint with brush every hour for 8 hours then re rolled...fine now

mondyman said:
m8 its dulux once....meaning one coat.....bulletproof ...foolproof..have used it a million times myself...but let a woman loose...anyway saved the day last night with repeated coats of paint with brush every hour for 8 hours then re rolled...fine now

:eek: ..Oh dear...on dear on dear... :(

Im just wondering what will be cheap...re skim the walls...scrape all the paint off...

Or a divorce!

One-Coat Emulsions are rubbish. It aint your wife's fault the walls are bubbling. It is the One-Coat Emulsion. One-Coat Emulsion is designed to applied to previously emulsioned surfaces and not new bare plaster. Unfortunatly you gona have problems forever on your One-Coat Emulsion. When you dicide to paper over it at a later date then it will blister. When you decide to re-paint it will blister. STOP using One-Coat now.

well ive done the rest of the house in crown and dulux and not blowing my trumpet but its looking good.....its done now anyway 8 coats of paint over the rubbed off blisters with a brush , and a roll later on , et voila...youd never know

No being cheeky. One-Coat Emulsion is far to thick for new/bare plaster. Therefore, the problems will become apparent a few years down the line unfortunatly.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back