Covering Water Stain On Skim

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Had a room skimmed late last year, after heavy rain I noticed a damp patch on the new skim caused by leak and I got this sorted. However when I painted the newly skimmed walls the stains showed through. Someone recommended the Stain Block paint which I bought but it looks like gloss to me, where as Im paint the walls in Matt.

A few questions,

1. Should I just paint over the matt where the stain show with the stain block paint and then paint over that with the matt.

or

2. Have I bought the wrong paint or is all stain block gloss ?

Sponsored Links
What is the Exact name of the Stain Block & who are the makers ?

Yes do number 1

Rolo said:
Hi,

Had a room skimmed late last year, after heavy rain I noticed a damp patch on the new skim caused by leak and I got this sorted. However when I painted the newly skimmed walls the stains showed through. Someone recommended the Stain Block paint which I bought but it looks like gloss to me, where as Im paint the walls in Matt.

A few questions,

1. Should I just paint over the matt where the stain show with the stain block paint and then paint over that with the matt.

or

2. Have I bought the wrong paint or is all stain block gloss ?

the stain will keep coming through .
you have to seal the wall with sealer then you can paint using any paint you wish.
check with your local paint store before making it worse

crazycanuck

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back