plasterboard raw plugs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
what colour are plasterboard raw plugs ???

got a box of different ones, red ones blue ones yellow ones brown ones, but they dont say which is which, and being a chick dont know these things, thats man stuff...............lol :LOL:

Sponsored Links
It's "rawl" or "wall" plugs. Wall plugs are not really much good in plasterboard because it's too soft (unless tiled) - they'll just spin. You need to use plasterboard fixings or if your walls are dot and dabbed, you need to drill deep enough into the wall so that you can push the wall plug into the brick. The different colours show that they are for different sized screws. You'll be looking at using the red or the brown ones. They obviously need a different sized drill too. Red 5.5 or 6.0mm. Brown 7.0mm.
This is basic stuff - "Man stuff" is something else entirely. ;)

ok smart arse, but you dont know till you ask..........................I knew they where special ones, I had gathered that bit, now I know, I can get one with the job, so to speak..................... ;)

Sponsored Links
Less of the abuse please or I'll be round to smack your legs.
When I said it was basic stuff, I only said that so I could get in the joke about man stuff. I mean, how is a little lady type meant to know about wall fixings.
Any more lip out of you and I'll stop helping you and leave you to flirt with the chaps on here. ;)
Anyhow, how is it masona can make a joke about you and still get thanks and all I get is abuse? Women..... :rolleyes:
I hereby withdraw the offer of the free Brushmate! :p

gcol said:
Anyhow, how is it masona can make a joke about you and still get thanks and all I get is abuse? Women..... :rolleyes:
'cos I'm kind, polite, loveable and irresistible :D

you know you love the abuse, thats why we get on so well :LOL:

And yes it is man stuff, us woman buy the pictures and you men put them up, but in my case I buy the pictures and put them up and I am getting very good at getting things up........... ;) :eek:

masona's comment wasn't abusive it was just funny................... :LOL:

I will leave you boys to fight it out...................

But thanks for the help as always :D

why not make it simple?
they make a drywall special plug for the job if you have a philips screwdriver you have it made no drilling just don,t use on on thin drywall 1/2" or heavier they can also be removed just as easy
crazycanuck

thanks, may try that, I have every girls best friend, clean thoughts please, :LOL:

its a electric cordless screwdriver, I think every girl out there should have one, they are a absolute god send.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back