romving dried grout of tile surface

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
my brother tiled his bathroom when he grouted he practically did it all in one go now he left with lots of grout on the tiles all dried up....now i know scrping it of is prob the only way but im finding that the grout in the gaps is getting disscoloured any ideas or solutions on best cleanest way to remove? any specail solvents or tips and hints please

Sponsored Links
Please state the type of tiles used, and the type of adhesive, and the type of grout, and the colour of the grout, and the colour of the tiles, and how long the grout has been left.

Oh, and anything else that might be relevant.

Sponsored Links
Darren, if the grout in the gaps is getting discoloured, this is a different problem. Is it slightly orange? If so, you have hard water and you need something that cleans off limescale. The grout on the surface can best be removed with one of those green kitchen scourers. This will not scratch the tiles. I used it to good effect on some floor tiles. All it takes is a little effort but it's worth it. You can buy stuff that removes cement-based products but hey, we're trying to be green now, aren't we?

nickstone is right a kitchen scouring pad will remove grout from surface of tiles
If stain is in the cracks don't play with it get a carbide grout removal tool from your local reno store or ceramic store scrape out and do over don't forget to use grout sealer as per mfg. instructions so it won't happen again
or use epoxy grout which is waterproof
crazycanuck

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back