New Grout yellowing

DSM

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I decided to re-grout my whole bathroom due to old grout going mouldy over the bath, and generally discoloured elsewhere.

Got the tools, doing it slowly bit by bit.

Using a very good quality grout from a tile showroom/wharehouse place. Said i wanted white as white can be.

Applied it. Sealed it with Aquamix Grout Sealer.

A week on it is yellowing a bit. Even the bit i haven`t sealed. I am annoyed, loads of effort to re-grout, and it is not staying white.

Any ideas why this is, how to prevent it ? We are in a hard water area, and cannot take the bathroom out of use, it is our only one.

Any advice appreciated,

Ta

DSM

Sponsored Links
Did you apply bleach? The yellow could be bleeding through from the old stuff underneath.

No, no bleach. I think it is just the fact that the bathroom has no window, and is in daily use, lots of steam from shower. It is acceptable, but just not as bright white as i expected. However, still better than the manky old stuff i`ve removed...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back