plaster sealer applied - Method for emulsion overcoat.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The ceiling was skimmed with plaster back in October. A coat of dulux plaster sealer was recently applied. What is the application for white emulsion as the topcoat. EG Should I still dilute first coat. Should I use paint for new plaster. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Well, technically the Plaster is no longer Bare Plaster but it is new.

To be honest, Dulux Plaster Sealer is made for when you want to use Dulux Rich Matt or One-Coat Emulsions over new/bare plaster.

Though, i would not recommend using One-Coat Emulsions.

Also, Dulux Plaster Sealer is needed for all these paints on this link http://www.dulux.co.uk/webapp/wcs/s...ption=Walls+&+Ceilings&finishDescription=Matt

Personally, if it was me, and I was using a good quality emulsion like 'dulux', I would still slightly thin the first coat.

You being a diyer, you are going to be a lot slower than someone who does it for a living, and when you do the whole ceiling you have to do it in one, you cant stop off at a corner like you can a wall.

So if its too thick, you will be labouring, and being slower in rolling or cuttin in, you might not get as good finish.

Even me as a professional, I still always slightly water down dulux, as I find the finsh much better.

And I am with Third eye on this one, dont even go there with the one coat stuff, unless you pour into a kettle and thinned down like I have done in the past, as it will drag on your walls, and go all gloopy, in short, its a fercking nightmare to work with. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back