extra radiator problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive just fitted an extra radiator, i have taken the feed and return from existing rad pipes in the loft, the problem is that the radiator hardly gets warm, i have bled it and the system etc.

Sponsored Links
What type of system is it ? do you have a feed and expansion tank in the loft?
Have you tried increasing your pump speed?
Pete

Fluffster said:
What type of system is it ? do you have a feed and expansion tank in the loft?
Have you tried increasing your pump speed?
Pete

Its a sealed system i.e with a combi boiler, i cant understand it because the other two radiators get as hot as they always did, the other is stone cold. I think I know how to adjust the pump speed, is it the large grooved disc on the end?

Sponsored Links
Try turning off all other rads and see if this will push water to it. May be an air lock in the pipework in the loft ;)

gas4you said:
Try turning off all other rads and see if this will push water to it. May be an air lock in the pipework in the loft ;)

Yes, sorry i forgot to say, if i turn the others off then it gets hot, it appears to be bled OK, however I can hear air in the pipes (only when the other rads are off though), i have used speedifit pipe by the way...

Have you got any air vents in the loft pipe work. You should have at least 2. If so have you bled via them?

Try taking rad off and put bucket over each rad valve in turn and opening valve to let water/air out etc.

Most combis will have the pump set to maximum anyway.

No it won't be the silver screw in the middle front. This is for bleeding the pump.

Sounds like air in the pipe still.
You will also need to balance the rads to give a little more bias to the new one
A couple of air bleeds would certainly help
Try running with only that rad on (from that circuit) for a while it may push the air out after a bit

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back