No water through Bathroom cold taps

kjt

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
After turning the cold water supply off to drain the hot and the cold system due to a hot bath tap which would not turn off. after restoring the cold water supply there was no cold water coming through the bathroom taps. The kitchen cold tap was okay with full pressure.
There is not even a noise that you would associate with an air lock of some description.

Sponsored Links
Do your bathroom cold taps connect to a pipe that runs to a cold water storage tank ?

Have you re-opened all valves on this connecting pipe ?

If its just this length from which no cold water is running yet other cold taps from the storage tank work then it sounds like you've got a blockage in this length somewhere. Probably some filth from the bottom of the tank.

If you have a hose pipe & can get the hose to the tank, then put the house pipe in the tank into the outflow of the cold, turn on the hose & you should sort it. If that is not possible then wait & you will get more ideas.

Sponsored Links
Diyisfun said:
If you have a hose pipe & can get the hose to the tank, then put the house pipe in the tank into the outflow of the cold, turn on the hose & you should sort it.
Oh yes - you see plumbers dong that all the time. ;)

Softus..I dont claim to be a plumber, as a diyer I know it works. If you read my post it did say wait for other ideas. SO WHERE ARE YOURS.

Sounds like an airlock.... could try blowing back up the tap or connect the hot and cold taps turning both on and see what happens.

For info,plumbers will try anything once .... as long as the airlock will clear

give a link to where? .... have I missed something?

Hudd3 said:
give a link to where? .... have I missed something?

Softus could find 1 if the many posts he is refering & point you to it. You never know maybe he will, I think we got him on an off day. :LOL:

Two words - wet vac.

And if you don't have a wet vac, use a dry one with the vaccus interruptus method. ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back