Is this the right emulsion roller

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, Ive emulsioned a couple of rooms recently, new plaster, thinned paint by 20%, used Leyland trade mat emulsion, and Dulux medium pile synthetic roller which says its for smooth surfaces. Every thing looked good until this morning when the sun was shining through the window. It shows that the emulsioned walls have a rough textured finish. Ive never notice this on previously painted walls and was wondering if it is the paint, the roller or if i have thinned it incorrectly. I have only applied one coat.
Any advice welcome,
thanks Phil

Sponsored Links
What is the Exact wording of the make of emulsion ? and instructions ?

Also, you have only first/mist coated your walls, so they will not look great with only one coat.

Yeh..if its the first coat it tends to soak in very quickly, not giving the paint time to flow out..give the wall a nice rub down with 100 grade abrasive paper..the green stuff.

And wrap it arounf a wooden bloc...saves your fingers and you get a better finish.

Sponsored Links
Its Leyland Trade Contract emulsion and it actually say's to thin by 10% on porous surfaces. So maybe I have thinned it a little too much. Anyway, I've given the walls a light rub-down and used a short pile roller and the result is very nice :LOL: so was it the roller or the mix ratio :confused: :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back