best tile prices?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I am looking to tile my bathroom. Hoping to get a good neautral look.
Do you know where I can find tiles for about 50p each?

Sponsored Links
Go & look at somewhere like 'tops tiles' or a tile wholsaler, end of lines, imperects, etc. You could try a goooogle, but then you cant see them.

Sponsored Links
B&Q do cheap tiles and bank holiday is coming up as well

With the best will in the world, you pay for what you get. If you pay a low price, you're generally going to get a fairly poor tile. The quality issues include size calibration, thickness of glaze, qualityof glaze/print and whether it goes to the edge of the tile.

When you say 50p per tile, the actual price depends on the tile size so it's difficult to compare price. This is a trick usually used by places like B&Q to make them look cheap when in actual fact they aren't. Always look at the price per square metre.

Avoid Topps/B&Q and similar shops and go to an independent retailer who will be able to offer you professional advice but may also have some proper bargains/genuine discounts on end of line product rather than just selling cheap and nasty tiles cheaply. I don't really know the area where you live but look in the yellow pages, ring round a few and ask them if they have any end of line/discontinued stock they're selling off.

do as Nelly says
independent retailer .....
an the rule is by the square metre.......

*get a fairly poor tile. The quality issues include size calibration, thickness of glaze, qualityof glaze/print and whether it goes to the edge of the tile*

+ the widths/thickness can be all different ..
so with a thinbed mud mix you can get the odd tile shallower than the rest , lol

the cheaper /nastier tiles can be a pig to cut /lay for a diyer...;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back