how to get a shower hotter ??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
got a "shower force gravity fed shower ", to go with the comb bolier, can't remember what type T something, any way, the dial goes from 1 - 9, 9 being the hottest, but it only gets warm at 7, but it only goes up to 9.

Is there any way of slowing the cold water down so it gets hotter quicker and therefore gets hotter/ scalding all the way up to 9, if that makes sense. I have it on 9 which is nice but not hot, but as it is on 9 it will not go any warmer.

:confused: :confused:

Sponsored Links
All electric showers I've been in get scanding hot when turned to max, but I have no experience with your model.

1. Check the cable to the shower is the right diameter (10mm2 I think - check this). If your cable is not thick enough, the heater element will not be able to draw the current it needs to heat the water.

2) If this is an old shower unit (bought second hand?) then the element may be firred up with deposits. Ie inefficient. -> replace.

3) If all else fails, you could fit a pressure reducer (avail from screwfix) or if your on a budget, just fit an isolation valve in line with the shower unit and partially close it to reduce the flow.

sorry, thought you had an electric shower.

Increasing the temp of the water coming out of the boiler will solve the problem. I' don't know much about combi boilers. Try your manual for the boiler first to increase the hot water temp. This will save you having to fit the valve on the shower.

Sponsored Links
chezzer0361 said:
got a "shower force gravity fed shower ", to go with the comb bolier, can't remember what type T something
Let me get this straight - you've bought a shower for use with a gravity feed, and connected it to a combi boiler?

Go and write out 100 times: I must read the Manufacturer's Instructions.

KillingTime said:
1. Check the cable to the shower is the right diameter (10mm2 I think - check this). If your cable is not thick enough, the heater element will not be able to draw the current it needs to heat the water.
What?!

3) If all else fails, you could fit a pressure reducer
What?!

...or if your on a budget, just fit an isolation valve in line with the shower unit and partially close it to reduce the flow.
Oh. My. God.

chezzer0361, what Softus means is that you're meant to fit a gravity shower mixer to the hot water cylinder and cold water tank.

Just increase the hot water temp from your bioler. Other than that, you'll have to replace the mixer.

KillingTime said:
chezzer0361, what Softus means is that you're meant to fit a gravity shower mixer to the hot water cylinder and cold water tank.
Er, I'm more than capable of writing what I mean, and I wrote what I meant, which isn't what you wrote.

Below is an example of me expressing what's on my mind....

Just increase the hot water temp from your bioler. Other than that, you'll have to replace the mixer.
What the f*** are you talking about? Have you checked whether or not this shower contains a pump? Have you checked whether or not it can cope with unbalanced supplies? Have you checked anything? Do you have the slightest clue what you're talking about?

FFS. :rolleyes:

With Softus on this one, MI's should state that it is suitable for combi installation and/or mains pressure use. Some 'universal' showers need to have a flow restrictor fitted in the cold supply side of valve connection. Again CHECK M I's :rolleyes:

just been on and you can use this shoer with a combi-boiler, tried turing up the water temp on boiler but didnt make any difference, just made the radiators bang, but thats another story, so I guess its just put up with it, they say you can fix a pump to make the water more powerfull, but dont think this will help.

thanks guys........................... :rolleyes:

Chezzer, I don't know much, but this much I do know. You cannot fit a pump if you have a combi boiler.

It hasn't got one of those temperature limiting tags fitted on the mixer that can be removed thus letting you turn it more to make shower hotter has it?

A lot these days have these fitted by manufacturers. Again check M i's to find out!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back