vokera maxim fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i have had on going probs with my boiler, first it started loosing pressure from 1 1/2 bar to 0 in about 4 weeks and slowly its got worse, so now i have to re pressure it every day.. searched high and low and cant find any evidence of leaks...
now i cant get any hot water but the radiators work fine. the only way i can get hot water is if i first turn on the radiators before i run any taps.
can anyone help !!!

Sponsored Links
no hot water is almost certain to be the diaphragm.

are you sure you haven't got water leaking out of the pressure relief valve?

is a diaphram expensive and is it easy to fit, and is it possible to test it to make sure, i will try to see if water is escaping from the pressure relief valve (is this the pipe what comes out the back of the boiler to out side)
tks

No, not too expensive. Look for the dv assembly and when you turn a hot tap on see if a pin comes out about 10mm to activate a switch. if it dosen't then diaphragm perished. A lot of manufacturers state that these should be replaced about every 3 years, but in practice most people wait until it fails.

usually a reasonably straight forward job to replace.

Yes that is the prv.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back