Timing set on Extractor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have had a timer extractor fan fitted, its only markings are 'Model H113' and it looks quite cheap. It has a timer fitted but it stays on too long. Is it possible to change the setting?
Help please, its keeping me awake.
Kris

Sponsored Links
Normally there's an adjustment screw under the cover. make sure you switch off and you'll need a small screw driver to do the job

Thanks, does the adjustment screw look like a small diod with a very small arrow on it by any chance?

Most do, there's a variable resistor under that arrow. Turn one way will be minimum time, the other maximum.

Sponsored Links
The prayer quoted, is that for my benefit? Seeing as this is a HELP forum i dont mind opening my big mouth and asking an expert. Let me know anytime you need help with Metal forming processes or are you an expert on that also?

The signature is only normally used for a witty remark and will appear at the bottom of every one of his posts, I don't think he is getting at you personally ;)

Thanks spark. Its on the bottom of all posts in an attempt to be witty and also as a reminder to me to keep my eye on the ball. I was trying to be helpful in my suggestion.

So no offence meant, whats the update on the fan problem BTW?

No offence taken then....... I thought it was slightly underhand, but i took it as directed at me. Not as a reminder for yourself. And seeing as i knew nothing about the subject.......blah blah.

Your advice was good, just as i thought. Although Im thinking about disconnecting the direct live altogether and leaving it controlled by the light switch. The room is only a wee toilet and hand basin. No shower.
Thanks for your help, may i suggest a new prayer.

When i get asked a question, keep it in my mind.
Whomever asked the question, is trying hard to find,
The answer that i hold, somewhere in my head
And if its one i cannot answer, i best go back to bed.

Cheers

Nice rhyme.
Re fan, I dont think it will work if u just remove the live - the switched live is a trigger and the logic board needs perm live or it wont work.

remove the perm live (and put a little term block on it so it is safe.)
put a small piece of wire between the live and switched live terminals then the fan will come on and off with the light.

Oh yes, turn off the power first!

I would recommend that you keep a timer conrolled fan if it is in a small toilet, any smells will not have time to be removed if you only have it connected to the light, I'm not sure if it is a building reg that you have to have a fan with a timer in those situations.

Thanks JJ,

I dont ever intend on 'pitching a loaf' in this tiny wee room, even with the fan on the air can get a bit thick.
Originally it was to be a shower room so a fan is required ( as you would know) for that, a redraft seen us remove the shower and have it left as a WC.
The fan bugs my happiness, I only ever clean me molars in this room and its good enough for me if its on with the light.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back