Vaillant Eco max 835e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello, i have a 2 year old boiler that works fine with CH but does not give me HW. It shows a S30 code and a tap icon below it. the manual overide on my switch (Siemens RWB9) does not work either. Do you think this could be the boiler or the switch perhaps? Ive opend a hot water tap but nothing changes. Any advice would be great. Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
Without getting into technical details, an ecoMAX 835 that is 2 yrs old is still under warranty and therefore you are elegible for a free repair from Vaillant.

simond said:
Without getting into technical details, an ecoMAX 835 that is 2 yrs old is still under warranty and therefore you are elegible for a free repair from Vaillant.

If its over 2 years old it wont be under warranty.....most Vaillants only come with two years.

Doesn't anyone remember what the S30 code is?

A tap would make me wonder about system pressure or DHW.

Tony

Sponsored Links
wheres vaillant4you when you need him ;) , sure dave will be along soon with the answer. :LOL:

Someone call for Vaillant repair man :?: :LOL: :LOL:

S30 would not normally show on the display unless you enter the status menu on the digital display.

S codes are only informing you of what the boiler thinks it is doing, not a fault, these are F codes.

S30 means there is no demand for heat from any external contols, so would point to your siemens being faulty.

If you are comfortable with electrics, isolate boiler and open pcb cover then link out the external controls terminals 3 & 4. If boiler comes on for heating it has confirmed your siemens is duff.

Can't think at present why tap symbol shows though. Try pressing the reset on the boiler.

thanks so much for your advice. The display just reads the temperature and shows a tap icon. the info button when pressed shows me the S30 code. When i turn on the CH the radiator icon comes on with the circle with the house symbol and the boiler kicks into action. no problems.
I have two silver honeywell boxes on my system, i guess one for the water and the other for the radiators? well, i saw a lever on them with manual overide but when i selected this option the boiler didn't fire either. I don't think its the siemens control unit or the boiler to be honest, it might be one of these silver boxes that could be faulty. i guess i'll have to pay for someone to come out. Thanks for your help. Theo.

Are you certain you have the 835e and not the 635? The 835 is the combi so if you are correct have you got one hot tap off the combi and all the others off a hot water cylinder if you have 2 zone valves, or are the valves for 2 seperate heating zones and not one for hot water?

If it is the combi turn the dhw stat fully to the left for 2 seconds and then set to wanted temperature.

The circle is the pump symbol and the egg timer is the gas valve.

If it is the system boiler then it is quite normal for the tap symbol to appear sometimes. Again make sure the dhw stat is fully to the left, unless you have a Unistor unvented cylinder.

Dave, thanks for the advice. I had a corgi guy come round last night and solve the issue. It seems that the two silver boxes are the valves for the CH and DHW. The DHW one is faulty so he pulled some wires out and by passed the circuit so at least I can get hot water now. He charged me 60 quid for his hour and half which I thought was reasonable too. He will replace the silver box at some point this week. Oh, by the way, the tap icon came on because I had the top dial on the eco max all the way round to the right. Apparently this dial is redundant anyhow. The Siemens control unit and the boiler are fine. Many thanks. Theo.

no, he told me it awas the 835e, the largest you can get but they come in combi and standard systems. i have the standard one apparently. theo.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back