knauf bonding compound plasterboard adhesive

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've just bought a 25Kg bag of knauf bonding compound plasterboard adhesive to dot and dab a small area of plasterboard but I can't seem to find instructions anywhere on what ratio of powder to water this should be mixed at.

The packet just say to pour it in to an unspeicifed quantity of clean water and let it soak for 2 minutes...

Also what's the maximum thickness that this stuff can be applied at?

Sponsored Links
mix it so it has a fairly slump free consistency. i would liken it to butter at room temperature.

you can apply it as thick as gravity will allow. it will squash flat when you apply the board though.

it's not unusual to apply more than one layer of boards and adhesive.

right, but if i'm adding it to the water, rather than the other way round how do i know how much water to start with to mix say half the bag?

you don't!

that's pro's privilege i'm afraid.

i think they call it trial and error.

Sponsored Links
Indeed, it originates in the Middle Ages, when the Master Masons used trial by water.........by tying a new apprentice to a castle wall....under the Guarderobe :mad: :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back