can anyone help me to wire a friedland doorbell .

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have removed a doorbell when decorating ,i drew the wiring diagram but yes i lost it.

I have two white wires coming in from my meter box and alarm type wires too. inside the alarm there are 3 terminals marked 0, 1, 2 .
I was pretty sure orange and blue alarm cable went to terminal 1 along with a white power cable, and I was pretty sure terminal 2 had the green and purple cable two it. don't know where I am supposed to put other white cable ,now now don't be rude in replying.

I know I have messed up any ideas

Sponsored Links
Nope!!

You need to know where these wires come from before we can work out where they go to....

a make or model would help..
pictures would help even more..
once you have the model and make, google for it.. you're bound to find the instructions out there..

and i do hope you mean that the white cables are comming from a bell transformer and not the mains...

Sponsored Links
Softus, its very hard not to be sarcastic but did you, by any chance, glance at the subject of this thread?? :rolleyes:

robert67 you did not mention the yellow wire.

but that asside try this

the two white wires, hold them on any 2 terminals for a second, does the bell ring?

if not try another 2

when you know which 2 make the bell ring write it down

now remove the doorbell button and post back what colours are together in there

Taylortwocities said:
...muchos firewater. :oops:
Far too muchos, methinks, since you owe me no apology whatsoever.

You could send me some money though. ;)

softus... why?

I made a simple request for more information from the OP to help diagnose the problem and you get on my case..

I didn't realise that the make was in the topic as I only scan the topics due to the large number that are made and replied to on a daily basis.. it was half past eleven and I had been reading and replying to posts for a few hours.. so forgive me if my concentration lapsed for a second or two..

I dare to say that Friedland make more than one model of door bell and as he goes on to mention an alarm I was unsure whether the said doorbell was being used as a doorbell or an exit switch for an alarm since they are used as this also..

the number of wires mentioned is more than I would expect to find in a doorbell this also confused me somewhat.. ( ac/dc in , switched ac/dc out to bell.. not rocket science.. )

ColJack said:
softus... why?
Why what? :confused:

I made a simple request for more information from the OP to help diagnose the problem and you get on my case.
On your case? Where did I do that? I didn't quote anything you wrote, or address any comment to you or at you?

I didn't realise that the make was in the topic as I only scan the topics due to the large number that are made and replied to on a daily basis.. it was half past eleven and I had been reading and replying to posts for a few hours.. so forgive me if my concentration lapsed for a second or two.
It's not my place to forgive you for anything, but if it helps, we all make mistakes, and yours really was a very very small tiny little tiny one.

I was only being whimsical, and I intended no slight. If it came across as a criticism then I apologise, but I really didn't mean anything by it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back