Scam alert - 079... numbers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just to inform you 'they are at it again' - calling you (landline or mobile) and when you answer (or the answer machine kicks in) disconnecting.

If you have number recognition you'll see a number resembling a mobile number, but it isn't! The number starts with 079.....
and when you're curious and call them back you'll get a strange message and later more than normal call-charges on your phone bill

Happen to my mobile various time a few months ago, but these sc*m bags have found another way: calling during the night!
(Suppose you have a sick relative etc, it'll scare the hell out of you - phone ringing in the middle of the night!)

Sponsored Links
Of course, I'd just send the number a text message to ask who it was! The only person I answer the phone to late at night is UK monitoring - I have their numbers stored so I know its them.

WoodYouLike said:
Just to inform you 'they are at it again' - calling you (landline or mobile) and when you answer (or the answer machine kicks in) disconnecting.

bags have found another way: (ringing in the middle of the night!)
Maybe it`s daytime where they`re ringing from :confused: ..I`m so anti-social I don`t answer or return ANY calls :evil:

Sponsored Links
Got this in an e-mail today:

Subject: Lottery Syndicate Winner
Date: 13/08/2007 16:58:31 GMT Standard Time

Attn Urgent Notice

We wish to use this medium to inform you that you just won a shocking
prize from our just concluded Promotions .

The best way to get you aware about this news is by email for it helps
us get quike response as to funish you details on how to process for
release of this prize to you . Do contact our zonal co-ordinator below
for more info

Conact Info :
Zonal Promo Co-ordinator For
e-Lottery Game Show
Ken Allan
Telephone : +44 70457 11968
Email : [email protected]

Anyone who wants to claim it on my behalf is more than welcome :LOL: :LOL:

good work make sure scams and rip off are up dated every-day ,watch your self at plumbcenter if you open the box you own the content.more grassing on scams :evil: :evil: please

billyo said:
good work make sure scams and rip off are up dated every-day ,watch your self at plumbcenter if you open the box you own the content.more grassing on scams :evil: :evil: please

See my work at www.419eater.com in the letter archive.

Shiver.

iirc 079 is a forwarding number, the company which forwards the number takes a slice of cost of the call for forwarding the call.

WoodYouLike said:
If you have number recognition you'll see a number resembling a mobile number, but it isn't! The number starts with 079.....
:eek:
Oh dear! My mobile no starts with 079..... :confused:

It's not meeee honest :LOL:

a number you can re direct yourself to anywhere you like, also they can "spell" a name using the phone keypad

i.e 070 2733937 spells breezer

Sponsored Links
Back