IDEAL ISAR- NO CENTRAL HEATING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hello all,well i guess its that time of year when heating is switched on and problems occur!
have an ideal isar that is fine on hot water but doesn't supply heating.
i have overiden the radio signal from the thermostat but when the boiler has a 'c'on the readout the burner light flashes slowly but doesn't ignite.
any help please.

Sponsored Links
dont they have that grey actuator box, that goes on at a funny angle, then twist and locks on..

Sponsored Links
No, that as the later Honeywell. The earlier ones had a Cp diverter valve, which worked the same way but has a diferent manifold and actuator.

Easy enough to change as long as adequate space and proper servicing valves where fittted.

My money would be on the pcb, as boiler is getting signal for heat as in 'c' but is not firing. If it was firing but no heat then I would go for DV. PCB is notorious unreliable on these.

edit, maybe the thermistor/ntc for the ch is knackered. Worth checking first.

Since most of the internal operation is the same on DHW and Ch then its more likely to be the diverter valve.

With the boiler cold select CH and see if it fires up for 10-20 seconde to heat up the inside of the boiler.

The head can usually be taken off the diverter and the operating pin vigourously pushed up and down like external cardiac resusitation. That will often free it up for a few weeks!

Tony

Yes but if the burner light is flashing slowly, then the boiler is thinking it is up to temp and just in circulating mode. OP says that it is going no further, fast flashing or lighting.

Another simple though OP, have you turned off mains for 30 secs at switched fuse outlet?

thank you very much for replies, i've just got back from summer hols and i'll keep you posted on resultsof your replies. thanks again.

Dan_Robinson said:
No, that as the later Honeywell. The earlier ones had a Cp diverter valve, which worked the same way but has a diferent manifold and actuator.

Easy enough to change as long as adequate space and proper servicing valves where fittted.
we dont make that valve anymore, if you have seen any of the boilers this year you will know all copme with the grey head!!

well,had to get the sparkys in as nothing wrong with boiler but apparently problems with thermostat etc.
if i get a better low down i'll post it!
thanks for all your replies

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back