Fitting snowboard to slate roof

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The supplier of a glass roofed conservatory has suggested that a snowboard should be fitted to the house roof in order to protect the conservatory roof from falling snow.

I intend to do this myself before the conservatory is built but there's very little info coming up on a search. Has anyone done this, or know how it is best done?

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
i would advise fitting through the fascia and into the rafter ends, as you don't want snow, snow guard and fascia board falling onto the connie roof. ;)

We have just in time, sucessfully put up our SNOW GUARD. We learned the hard way last year, when two of our conservatory roof panels popped in because of the snow falling off our house roof. Our conservatory runs right across the back of the house so we thought it was going to be an impossible task, but we managed it. We had 3 very large brackets made. Shaped as - up/across/up, at a local fabrication shop from a template we had made out of metal beading used on corners of walls before plastering.we found we could bend it very easily. The brackets were attached to the wall underneath the guttering and facias with 10mm coach bolts. The middle bracket was a little more tricky but can be done by laying scaffy boards on the conservatory roof to stand on. Once all the brackets were fixed, we used 2 16ft decking boards which were screwed into position giving us a 10" wall of wood at the bottom of our house roof to stop the snow avalanching off! I can report it works perfectly.Hope I havent confused too many people........lol

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back