Britony 80se hydraulic block

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a small water leak that seems to be coming from the join between the diaphragm housing/ motor and the main body of the R/H (3 way valve) hydraulic block. Leak is only slight, about 1 drop every few minutes and the system works ok. Hopefully just an O ring? Is this a problem area on these boilers. It is approx 7 years old and been totally reliable up till now, cheers.

Sponsored Links
I dont recall any diaphragm in these boilers.

Most components are sealed with "O" rings and are surprisingly reliable and only VERY rarely give any problem as long as the joint has not been abused.

Tony

riverside443 said:
It is approx 7 years old and been totally reliable up till now, cheers.
Lucky you! Expect the PCB to fail (£150!) any time soon, plus the pressure release valves are prone to leak.

As for your leak, it's from the small o ring in the base of the diaphragm housing. You could dismantle and just tighten the brass screw that holds the o ring in place. However a new diaphragm kit is only £6 and includes all the components - o ring, screw, diaphragm and bearing plate. I doubt whether you'll find an o ring supplied separately.

Note to Tony - he's talking about the SE model.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back