Vokera Option

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Anyone had any dealings with one of these cheap and nasty beasts. Went to one today that gave the symtoms of a blocked primary h/e. I assume as the h/e is common to both heating and hot water (as with the Lynx) a summers worth of heating the hot water has baked any crud solid inside the heating side. Any one changed a h/e on one of these? Is it feasible or will it turn into a can of worms?

Sponsored Links
If it is that...its the easiest heat exchanger to change that i have come across.

Avidfan, if Vokera boilers (in your estimation) are a dung heap, what do you consider a superb boiler.

Pity you do not understand this boiler as it has some fine feature hard to find in boilers costing a lot more.

Went to one today that gave the symtoms of a blocked primary h/e.

I hope you're going to clean the flow restrictor on the cold inlet to the heat exchanger before coming to that rash conclusion. :rolleyes:

The only other minor fault these boilers suffer from is a leaking blanking plug on the left hand plastic manifold. Removing the moulding flashing cures that.

Sponsored Links
I like Vokeras but the amount of heat exchangers i have changed on these things is verging on the ridiculous.

Must be at least a bad as the potterton suprima pcb debacle.

I like Vokeras but the amount of heat exchangers i have changed on these things is verging on the ridiculous.

All depends on the location. Here in London scale is never a problem. Where are you scat?

Never come across that particular problem and I've seen plenty of Compacts/Options.

Come across plenty of passing filling loops still connected though. :)

I have had to change a few secondar HEs that have failed due to mains pressure.

Can only assume Vokera dont make them like they use to. You will note the main HE is no where as heavy as the ones fitted to Flowmatics and Excels

I've got one customer who has had 4 in 4 years (under warranty of course)
System water spotless, pressure reducing valve on the mains.

And what were they thinking about when they put the pressure gauge hidden inside on the option.
:evil:

Yes, very silly if you ask me.

Have you guys looked at the new line of Vokeras? Quite a large selection and one PCB fits all (DIP switches select the model). Staff at Vokera gave me run down on the boiler when I dropped in for some advise on Compact.

Those familiar with Compact will be pleased to hear the clip that holds EV pipe in place behind the pump, has now been modified so you do not get a bath when removing the boiler cover

Have you guys looked at the new line of Vokeras? Quite a large selection and one PCB fits all (DIP switches select the model). Staff at Vokera gave me run down on the boiler when I dropped in for some advise on Compact.

Those familiar with Compact will be pleased to hear the clip that holds EV pipe in place behind the pump, has now been modified so you do not get a bath when removing the boiler cover

ive got one of the new lineas in my house. thought id gve it a whirl and just fitted it 2 months ago.

still looks nice and easy to get everything out on their own without removing half the boiler......bosch take note!

What do you make of the new range with the HE horizontal? I cant believe you can service/work on it with only 12mm side clearance as the chap at installer live told me was all you needed to have.

Looks like a designer malfunction from someone who never asked the people who work on them for a point of view.

Perhaps a Doctor Drivel design :LOL:

Dave have not seen this boiler yet as I only repair/ service.

Hopefully will when I go on Vokera course.

What do you make of the new range with the HE horizontal? I cant believe you can service/work on it with only 12mm side clearance as the chap at installer live told me was all you needed to have.

Looks like a designer malfunction from someone who never asked the people who work on them for a point of view.

Perhaps a Doctor Drivel design :LOL:

i think thats my linea. it does look a little tight for 12mm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back