Vokera combination boiler low water pressure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This morning my Vokera combination boiler made a thudding sound as I turned on hot water - I went to look at boiler and saw that the water pressure gauge had dropped from its normal 1-1.5 bar to nearly zero (in red zone!). I have looked high and low for a small manual I have but can't find it. Is there something I can do myself to get the pressure back up or is this something that may be wrong with a part in the boiler? Any suggestions I'd be grateful for - I'm pretty capable of mending something if I have some directions... Thanks in advance....

Sponsored Links
This is your filling loop.

Make sure its connected to the pipes secure.

There should be a two valves, one without a handle and one with a black handle.

Turn the black valve on till water flows and pressure goes up to around 1.5 Bar.

If it drops again you more than likley have a leak somewhere under the floor?

Sponsored Links
... will try this and see if it works... thank you so much for your advice!

Just looked at valves... no black handle - two valves one with 'Filling Valve' on it and the other with 'Filsafe valve' on it - both grey in colour. Both valves have 'open' and 'shut' arrow directions. I opened 'Filling valve' but nothing happened - do I have to have tap running or anything?There is also a larger tap that is silve/gold in colour.
Any suggestions please?

The tap is connected to the same pipe as the 'Filling Valve' so maybe I have to open the tap first and then open the 'Filling valve' to let water in?

Oh no, not sure what I have done - I opened 'Tap' then I turned on 'Filling valve' and nothing happened at all, so I then turned on 'Filsafe Valve' and water cam in - I topped up to 1.5 bar and then closed the Filling Valve, closed the Filsafe Valve and closed the Tap. Now there is no water coming out of any of my hot taps at all.... any ideas?

Well I know I must sound a bit stupid to you by now.... with both valves closed and tap closed I came to the conclusion that everything was turned off, i.e. so no water could get through at all! But funny thing is that the tap was so tightly closed I had to use a spanner/pliers to prise it open. Now if both valves are closed and tap is open the hot water will come on and everything runs fine now - I could have sworn that both valves were closed and that so was tap closed but maybe tap was just stuck wherever it was and I assumed it was closed because I had to prise it open. In any case all 'seems' to be working now... just hope I have done correct thing to have both valves now closed but tap open.... can you maybe let me know if you think that this sounds correct... thanks again...Katie

Had a similar problem 3 years ago with my linea 24.Where i kept filling the loop up and the pressure kept disappearing.When i called Vokera in as it was under warranty at the time,it was found that the expansion tank was defective.???So if you keep charging it up and the pressure goes down,this could be why.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back