Earthing rod for TT system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello again,

I need to fit an earthing rod to my TT system and was hoping someone will be able to tell me how to do this.

I can buy this in B&Q, so do I just hit it into the ground then attach a 6mm earth wire from it to my main earth terminal?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Steve

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that.

Any idea where I can buy one?

Do I just fit it beside the intake fuse?

Thanks for the help much appreciated.

Steve

Sponsored Links
Most importantly, do you have the necessary equipment to test the rod once it is installed?

Firstly, are you aware that the rcd requirements for TT systems are a little different from TN systems?

Secondly... do you have access to the equipment to test this electrode? :(

And it needs to go outside where the ground doesn't like bone dry like it would be inside just under the cut-out

.........And it needs to go outside where the ground doesn't like bone dry like it would be inside just under the cut-out

....And avoid driving it through any gas/water/phone/electric feed, or drains :eek:

Hello again,

I need to fit an earthing rod to my TT system and was hoping someone will be able to tell me how to do this.

I can buy this in B&Q, so do I just hit it into the ground then attach a 6mm earth wire from it to my main earth terminal?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Steve

This must be a wind up!

Guys,

I appreciate the help from those who have given it, but for the others "What a bunch of t*ss*rs". If you cannot give me good advice then why bother even replying.

I moved the supply yesterday as a mate of a mate who works for Scottish power was kind enough to lend me his gloves and mask aswell as talking me through how to do it safely and hey I'm still here.

Managed to get the rod, pit, clamps and cable etc... from the B&Q down the road and will let you know how I get on once finished.

P.S. Have a borrowed 1653 Fluke for testing.

Cheers,

Torpedo Steve

You really are not going to convince anyone on here of the utter nonsense you are talking.

You might want to consider getting a hobby instead of wasting your time posting wind ups on here.

If you did move your supply yourself, where are the pictures to prove what an idiot you are?

Pictures, pictures ?
He does not need pictures, he`s already proved it without pictures.

LOL

Ok you've managed to do it well done :eek:
One problem though, a mate of mine who works for a dno has read both of your posts with great interest, this was his response

wot a kn** you want to post a reply saying that what he has done is illegal and you know this from someone who works in the trade, also the meterin people will notice what hes done and take him to court

and also, (not that it matters!)

oh by the way it should be 10 mm earth#

Looks like it might end up costin you more than just a supply move

"What a bunch of t*ss*rs". If you cannot give me good advice then why bother even replying.

I also believe that everyone gave you very good advice and that was DONT TOUCH THE DNO'S PROPERTY!!!!!!!

Also (sorry i will stop after this)
Your mate lent you the gear, so when you are taken to court over it are you going to grass him up?
If you had killed yourself he would have lost his job and ended up in court.

Rant Over

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back