New Windows

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We're looking to replace 7 windows in our house, it's just a standard 3 bed semi. I'm going to get a few quotes but I have no idea how much it will cost

Are we talking £5000+ or would it be less??

thanks

Sponsored Links
The price is obviously relevant to the size but, as a guide for a competitive quote on a good quality product, you can budget on £250 - £350 per window, including fitting. Make sure you use either a FENSA installer (& get a certificate) or the installer notifies (& pays for) an LABC inspection so you get your certificate of compliance. You should also get a 10 year warranty, preferably by way of an independent insurance certificate, in case the company goes bust as they do with monotonous regularity!

We paid in the region of £6k last year for doing a standard 3 bed house including 6 normal windows, front door, kitchen door and french doors, and a couple of large random shaped windows. I'd suggest asking around locally - a local supplier by word of mouth can be far better and cheaper than one of the big companies.

We paid in the region of £6k last year for doing a standard 3 bed house including 6 normal windows, front door, kitchen door and french doors, and a couple of large random shaped windows. I'd suggest asking around locally - a local supplier by word of mouth can be far better and cheaper than one of the big companies.
In my opinion you paid over the odds; that's too much money for what youve had done!

Sponsored Links
i was quoted 5k for 2 doors & 9 windows each with 1 opening about 3.5 X 4 feet

cheers guys

we've got someone coming tomorrow night so i'll get a better idea then and then get a couple more people round

Some of our windows are 130 years old, why do you think you have to replace all of them?

If they're wood they can be repaired, if they're plastic, then everybody take note that yet another load of life long maintenance free rubbish is having to be replaced at huge expense, making a mockery of any claimed energy savings.

Some of our windows are 130 years old, why do you think you have to replace all of them?

If they're wood they can be repaired, if they're plastic, then everybody take note that yet another load of life long maintenance free rubbish is having to be replaced at huge expense, making a mockery of any claimed energy savings.

none of them have locks on downstairs and they open inwards which is awkard as we have blinds so you can't open them properly, the bathroom doesn't shut properly and is as drafty as hell and the bedroom ones don't open and close very well and are also drafty. quite alot of the rubber seal is missing

if you saw them you'd understand!

& I'm sure they look beutifull. Everyone has their own reasons & preferences; you obviosly have a vested interest but why do you have to keep slagging off modern plastic products & trying to force wood on everyone; let them make up their own mind :rolleyes:

& I'm sure they look beutifull. Everyone has their own reasons & preferences; you obviosly have a vested interest but why do you have to keep slagging off modern plastic products & trying to force wood on everyone; let them make up their own mind :rolleyes:

everyone has their own tastes, we had wood frame windows in a previous house and i'd never get wood ones again, far too much maintenance

i have to laugh at the tins of wood stain that you get that says 5 year protection :LOL:

We've are in the process of having our windows replaced in a 20 year old 4 bed house.

We had four quotes for the 10 windows (no doors or french doors) and they ranged from £3480 to £5300. All from local firms.
Hope that helps.

just had a quote tonight from paramount windows and it was £3800 for 7 windows, 3 of them are quite big

I don't like change..... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:
I hope you get a lovely warm feeling inside from the fact your 130 year old single glazed draughty windows don't need replacing, whilst you're boiler is working overtime to replace the lost heat through said windows thus emitting large quantities of CO² into the environment, and costing you an arm and a leg in utility bills in the process

Still feeling so good now?

I'll happily settle for my double glazed, PVCu, argon filled, soft coat bells and whistles windows knowing I'm keeping the heat in my house, my heating bills down, and my emmisions to a minimum.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back