3 TEE Rule and reverse Circulation in Multi Zone layout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Planning new Central Heating layout to include 3 Heating Zones controlled by 2 port valves. Can I have the 3 heating zone return lines as a common or do I need to keep them separate and Tee each circuit in before the DHW return and ABV return. Are single check valves an option. I am worried about reverse circulation.

Sponsored Links
How can you get reverse circulation? If zone valve is open you will get normal circulation through that circuit, if it's closed you won't get any circulation, reverse or otherwise.

Just make sure all the returns of each radiator on each zone valve circuit join together so you only have a single return pipe tee'ing onto the boiler return.

I always common mine back to the airing cupboard.

I've had reverse circulation twice in the past. I ended up on one having to fit a non-return valve in the returns.

Sponsored Links
Not that picture again :LOL: :LOL:

scruff-001.jpg

John you can do this where you have an open cheque book and the installation is to last a hundred years. Brillaint nevertheless

I do not fit boilers or do instals as 'customers' ask for a quote. A quote not knowing what they want. Then they want to compare prices not knowing what they are getting.

Oh that's the "How not to do wiring" pic, with the silly spelling mistake :rolleyes:

Oh that's the "How not to do wiring" pic, with the silly spelling mistake :rolleyes:

Spoils the whole job Chris :LOL: :LOL: and a qualified electrical Company did the wiring

Thats the problem Danny, Everyone wants a cheap job and to hell with the quality. However we are different :rolleyes: doit right and pay what it's worth or get someone else :LOL:

Who does the insulation, DIA, it's a very neat finish, what is it?

Who does the insulation, DIA, it's a very neat finish, what is it?

In this case I did, but normally on big jobs we contract it out. Fibreglass lagging and plastic finish.

you buy the plastic on a roll, the corners and tees are made pieces in different pipes sizes, and the ID banding comes in a 50m roll for the different services.

Cracking grommet.

Where do you buy it????? Or does it have a trade name, we use Climaflex they do some preformed bends glue clips etc but this looks better :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back