Water leaking from electric shower unit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there! Had the shower installed about 5 years ago,no problems,
then yesterday water started leaking from the bottom of the actual unit itself. I've isolate the electricity supply to the shower just to be on the safe side.It's a Triton Bezique 10.5kw.
Any help would be much appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Could be a pressure relief valve due to blockages in the works, although pressure relief normally only 'relieves' when the shower is running.

I would put it down to a loose pipe supplying the shower
Best get a plumber in:cool:

Remove the cover.

Turn the shower on.

Observe where water comes from.

Repair.

Sponsored Links
If the water is coming out of a small stub of plastic pipe next to the shower hose then the PRV has been triggered. On the smaller triton units the PRV is not resealable and needs to be replaced - it's a ball bearing in a seat and when the pressure goes over limit the ball is forced through the tube and disappears down the drain! Replacment of the valve is needed - but you need to check why it operated.

I've had a PRV operate.

No way would I describe the result as water "leaking" from the bottom of the shower....

A five year-old Triton, in London, is likely to be full of scale, which leads to the PRD (it isn't a valve) opening.

Unless it isn't coming from the PRD tube then you won't need to take the cover off to investigate.

If you do remove the cover, then isolate at the DP switch first.

If you find a leak coming from a push-fit connector on the inlet, then it's been installed incorrectly.

If the PRD has opened owing to a scaled can, then you need a new PRD (part number 83301330i) and a new heater can (part number 84500670i).

Tip: if you replace the can, take the old O ring off the inlet and be prepared to put it on the new one, because Triton seem to be in the habit of supplying an O ring that fits the 'Topaz' range, and it doesn't seal very well on the older units.

Use silicone grease on the O rings when you reassemble.

Hi!, thanks for the prompt replys. I opened
the unit this morning turned the shower on
and then quickly off and the water seems to
be seeping from the stabilizer valve assembly fig.11.
Theres water dropslets on top edge of the valve assembly dripping down.
bezique3np0.gif

I guess you need a new one of those then, unless there's a replaceable gasket on the top. Probably unlikely.

showerdoctor is another good online supplier of parts.

I'm just wondering - London, hard water, 5-year old shower...

Could that wossname be leaking because the heater can is furred up, and offering too much resistance, so the pressure is too high?

I can't see from the picture where the water is coming from, but a new stabiliser is cheap, so I would just get one and fit it.

I'm just wondering - London, hard water, 5-year old shower...

Could that wossname be leaking because the heater can is furred up, and offering too much resistance, so the pressure is too high?
A stroke of genius. :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back