Nissan Micra heater blower resistor card... where is it?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My heater blower has gone single speed as do most Micra's eventually. I know I need to replace the resistor card but I can't find any instructions on how to get to it. My guess is that you can get to it under the dashboard beneath the glovebox but maybe it can be accessed from above through the glovebox. The problem is so common that there must be hundreds of people out there that have done this fix.
Any advice gratefully received...

Sponsored Links
You cant get to it from above, but its very accessible.

Look under the glove box. There may be a plastic panel which needs to be removed by flipping two catches near the glove box hinges. once this is removed, look to the right and under there you should see a bunch of wires going into a connector block which is held on by two screws in opposite corners. Thats the blower card. Pull the connector block off, then undo the two screws and pull the whole thing out.

Job done.

The heater blower resistor was exactly where I was told to look. I managed to get my head down into the footwell whilst sitting in the driver's seat to remove the resister pack (as it was raining) and when I put it back I knealt on the ground outside the passenger door and leant in.
I picked up a second hand unit on ebay but that didn't work, despite the fact that it worked on the donor car. I got a new one from the local Nissan dealer for about £28 so all is well again now.
Incidentally, the new replacement part is about half the length of the original. The connector is the same but the resistor track/PCB is only 2 or 3 cms long now.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge. This very morning my Nissan Micra '97 regained its blowers all four positions, thanks to this diskussion. Great.
Regards Christian, Denmark

Sponsored Links
Back