Worcester 28i RSF Boiler + Honeywell CM907 Thermostat, Help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I'm new here and looking to pick someones brains over my boiler.

I have a Worcester 28i RSF boiler which currently only has a mechanical timer on the front. I gave Worcester a call and they told me I could fit a programmable thermostat onto it instead and suggested Honeywell

Armed with this useful information I went onto Ebay and picked up a brand new Honeywell CM907 Thermostat.

So far so good...

Now I come to fit it I disconnect the Blue, Grey and Brown wires from the mechanical timer and look at the Honeywells installer 'instructions'

Straight away I see an issue, the suggested setup for a Combi Boiler only uses two wires... So I go and buy a 2 wire cable and look at the boiler for a while trying to figure out what wires it means.

The problems I have is the symbols on the boiler and thermostat don't remotely match up infact the honeywell instruction don't even appear to explain what their terminals do...
I decided since the Honeywell manual says only 2 wires for combi boilers that I will wire in the negative cable and the switched live cable to ports A and B. I figure its run on batteries and probably doesn't use the live like the mechanical switch

Wired in I turn it on, lights come on but when I set the CM907 to turn on the heating theres a click but nothing happens on the boiler. I decided then to take the only other configuration which was wire in the live and the netural instead and that just blew a fuse on the boiler the moment I turned on the mains.

Help!!

What am I doing wrong, do I need to use a 3 wire cable instead? Does the CM907 even work with the 28i RSF? The only thing I know for certain is that the mechanical switch can be unplugged, Worcester told me that but couldn't help me with anything else so perhaps someone here knows what I need to do to wire in my thermostat, a guide with terminal to terminal would be great

Chris :)

Sponsored Links
discon existing integral timer wires.
use boiler terminals r1 & rl wire these 2 wires to A & B.in cm907.
rl=A.....r1=B.
use cable suitable for 230v.ensure 3amp fuse in spur/plug.
cm907 has no neutral wire,it is just a switch.
===========================================
DO NOT connect any wire to boiler terminals rn or cn.these are neutrals.an incorrect wire here will give you grief.
===========================================
boiler terminals link ci & cl.

Sponsored Links
you are very welcome,i just pulled wiring info from worcester and potterton sites and married them together.
curry time now.just found a really decent curry house in ealing,5 plumbs/gas a brain surgeon and a fireman going on the lash now.
your worcester will need some tlc in the future so get back here and ask.
cobra and curry now.or something like that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back