bosch combi red light keeps flashing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
please help...boiler is a worcester bosch 24cdi ...problem is when the boiler is about to come on for the heating it suddenly shuts down and the red light on the front facia starts to flash and all stays shut down until we hold the red button in for about five seconds...this is beginning to happen on a regular basis...could you tell me what the problem is...thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
If its the ch light thats flashing slow then it indicates burner lockout ie its failed to light or failed to register its lit. If you can see a spark at the start then it could be just the min setting on the gas valve is too low or a faulty valve but basically to technical for a diy'er unless your qualified to use a manometer and an avo.

Just found this old post - I have the same problem with my Worcester 24cdi. How did you resolve it?
My pressure is nearly on zero. I was told I need a 'plug' to insert in the bottom of the boiler to enable the taps to fill it.
Not sure where I can get one from. Any ideas appreciated.

When your boiler was installed did the installer leave a white filling key with you? I know very little about boilers, central heating, etc., but we have the same boiler as you and we have this filling key which is put into the bottom of the boiler to re-pressurise it. So far never had to actually do it ourselves, because it is always ok until the annual service when the service engineer does it for us. If you haven't got a filling key, may be an engineer would carry one?, or perhaps you may be able to get one from Worcester Bosch? Sorry can't be more help.

Sponsored Links
The key you want is available direct from Worcester or your local "boiler spares " will get the number for you in the morning

COG said:
The key you want is available direct from Worcester or your local "boiler spares " will get the number for you in the morning

thats good service for a bank holiday

Thats excellent service for a bank holiday!!! Many thanks to all. Yep that number would be real handy.

Sarah

If your boiler is over one year old then the part number for the chargeing link key is 87161211070, the newer models have a smaller key.

Just found this old post - I have the same problem with my Worcester 24cdi. How did you resolve it?
My pressure is nearly on zero. I was told I need a 'plug' to insert in the bottom of the boiler to enable the taps to fill it.
Not sure where I can get one from. Any ideas appreciated.

The worcester is supplied with a key instead of conventional filling loop! If your pressure gauge is near zero & you don't have key go to any plumbers merchant and order one it plugs in to the right of centre from underneath next to a small black knob once key is inserted and turned 90degrs turn small knob & bring pressure up to about 1.4-1.5 bars cold. Pressure switch should stop boiler working below 1 bar

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back