Removal of beading used to hide gap between wall and window?

S

sentinal73

I recently had some DG fitted and the installers have fitted a plastic beading all around the window recess to hide the gap between the wall and the new window.

In two of rooms I need them replastered, and would like to remove this beading, It looks like its been glued in place and not siliconed on as the adhesive is hard and rigid.

Is there any way to remove with without causing damage to my new windows?

many thanks

Sponsored Links
Silicone is almost universally used to fix window trim & its easily removed so I cant think why they would have used something else. No way of knowing what it is without seeing it but it could be grab adhesive which should separate but with difficulty! I would contact the company that installed & ask what they used & why; I would go absolutely ape at them if it’s some form of solvent adhesive as it will be impossible to remove without damaging the frame!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back