Fix a upvc front door

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When I close the front door a small gap is noticeable at the side on the bottom half of the door. With the recent cold snap you can clearly feel a draught coming through. If I push my foot up against the door this stops the draught.

The top part of the door seems to be ok as you can't feel a draught there.

Do I need to adjust the hinges with an allen key to fix this? Also is this easy to do as I've read on some forums that it can be quite difficult if you're a novice which I am?

Sponsored Links
Do I need to adjust the hinges with an allen key to fix this?
Where is the gap, on the hinged side or the latch side? Hinge side you need to adjust the hinges; if on the latch side, you need to adjust the latching plates which are fixed down the front edge of the door.
Also is this easy to do as I've read on some forums that it can be quite difficult if you're a novice which I am?
It’s not that difficult & you won’t know unless you try; there are guides available on the internet & links in archive posts on this forum so do a search & see what comes up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back